Sunday, February 3, 2008

DILETTANTES OF THE WORLD UNITE: YOU HAVE NOTHING TO LOSE BUT YOUR FOCUS

I think it's high time (for the time being) for all those of a desultory nature to direct their wandering gaze to the issue of 9/11, and who was really responsible for it. I'm fairly sure it wasn't the proverbial "19 Muslim hijackers with boxcutters" though my convenience-store clerk gives me a dirty look whenever I go into the Good 'n' Easy, possibly owing to that time I tried to remove the Times of London crossword puzzle from the New York Post without paying for the whole paper. I mean, most people who read the Post can't do the Times puzzle, so where's the harm? They're all doing that Su Doku thing, which strikes me as being a very entertaining hobby if you're Rain Man. It's too much like math--and I vowed I'd never again do math once I left school. Anyway, I don't think he's a terrorist though he's far from cordial.

Obviously, the first order of business is to prove conclusively for once and for all that the Official Story is bogus. Here's where my fellow dilettantes can be of great service, owing to their ability to give their full and laser-like attention for brief periods of time. But we do get bored easily. Thus digressions are to be expected and are not necessarily counterproductive. The point is not convince the mass of humanity, who are too focused on one thing to consider alternative things. They don't know the Emperor Has No Clothes, because they've always been told otherwise. Dilettantes focus on everything--though not all at once. We realize it is the thing in itself, and not what it may lead to. The proof is in the pudding, and the pudding is delicious.

No comments: